Saturday, July 14, 2012

After a 28 hour trip, Cal arrived at his foster home- we made a trip to the fire station to met his foster dad Mike, who he greeted with kisses- and when he arrived home he explored the house and yard with great interest. My first impression is that this boy is SWEET! My favorite kind of foster- he loves my dogs and follows them around, doing what they do. He seems fully housetrained, which I didn't expect- and, although he didn't know how to use stairs, he learned in about 15 minutes with the lure of hot dog bits. I love a dog that's food motivated! He is painfully thin, and is being treated for an ear infection. I suspect he's a little hard of hearing but not deaf by any means, and his eyesight may not be perfect either.
 I love him already! He is so gentle, and hasn't made a sound. I'm also surprised by how calm he seems, and how grateful for an kindness shown. I'm confident that he's going to clean up nicely and find a loving home.

No comments:

Post a Comment